Tuesday, June 10, 2008

An answer to Gardenia's tag

Gardenia had tagged me to answer a few foodie questions, and so here are my answers, finally. Sorry for the delay!

What’s your favourite table?

Its not a table, but the lovely floor and banana leaf lunches we used to eat at my grandparents' place in Coimbatore

What would you have for your last supper?
Lets see now, gulab jamuns and ice cream definitely, dark chocolate, my own home-made chocolate cake, and probably one of every kind of sweet that Grand Sweets makes!
What the hell, its my last supper anyway!

What’s your poison?
All that I like they say is not good for me. Sigh!

Name your three desert island ingredients.
curd, rice and carrots

What would you put in Room 101?
Duh? Dont get it.


Which book gets you cooking?
None. Love t see the pcitures and get fat, though.

What’s your dream dinner party line-up?
I'll skip this.

What was your childhood teatime treat?
Ragi hurittu

What was your most memorable meal?
Visited an in at the base of Mt Fuji, Japan, and when they heard that my mom and I were vegetarian that put out such a spread for us, that we were so touched.

What was your biggest food disaster?
Buying the wrong pasta brand once and ending up with a gooey, starchy mess, which had to be served to my brother. Can you imagine a worst disaster than that? ! Serving an inedible meal to your older brother?! He's sworn off pasta ever since.

What’s the worst meal you’ve ever had?
Probably a recent breakfast on Gulf Air.

Who’s your food hero/food villain?
Food villain - the people who ruin cauliflower
Food heroes - In my case heroine - oh my mom, definitely

Nigella or Delia?
I know neither.

Vegetarians: genius or madness?
it doesnt matter

Fast food or fresh food?
fast food for those junky cravings and fresh food for health

Who would you most like to cook for?
Probably my husband - he's so easy to please, uncritical and doesnt send me into a flap

What would you cook to impress a date?
Best that I dont cook, to impress, I mean

Make a wish.
That I can eat sweets everyday of my life, and suffer no ill effects for it.

2 comments:

Andaman visit 2024 - summary post

Andaman Diary - Day 1 - Cellular Jail views Andaman Diary Day 1 - Burmanallah beach and beyond Andamans Day 2 - Kalatang - birds and butterf...