Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Food exploration

There's a profusion of local greens and herbs In the cooking here. Sekar is aghast at what looks like the garden leaves and weeds in a dish. 😄

But I am enjoying the production of greens in the menu. Wild dhania and mint has a different flavour from what I use.

Last evening was a bamboo shot keerai dish that I liked. As also the potato and herbs.

Then today we tried bhoot jolakhia - small bits, I at one of those little pieces. And survived.

Dinner - banana flower poriyal- all chopped and tender. No removal of those stamens, no removal of the bracts. Now that is convenient. Selvi would approve.

1 comment:

  1. Omg..banana flower with everything....i was told stamens cause tummy ache....
    Bhoot jholakia...🐒 will be all J if I tell him

    ReplyDelete

Andaman visit 2024 - summary post

Andaman Diary - Day 1 - Cellular Jail views Andaman Diary Day 1 - Burmanallah beach and beyond Andamans Day 2 - Kalatang - birds and butterf...