Saturday, August 19, 2023

Watch out for those geckos!

 

Little baby geckos running across my floor

one two three, oh I spy four!


Hemidactylus frenatus

cheerfully adopted-us

visitors, surely franticus

But, what is the fussy fuss?


Mumma gecko’s in the kitchen

her tail, it is a-twichin’!

She’s my morning pest control patrol

As she meets her diet goals.


Kiddos in the meantime 

skittering here and there 

avoiding our approaching footsteps

with speed, verve and dare.

 



I wonder what they’re chasing 

No insects do I see

But then I’m no gecko

And the gecko isn’t me. 


So when my friends come visiting 

Go! Up the walls, please clamber

hide behind the paintings

on the floors, don’t scamper!.


So, put those super-glue gecko feet to use

Setae, keratin,  forces Van der Waal profuse.

That’s what self-respecting geckos do, you see

Not traipsing on floors, footloose and fancy free!



No geckos on ground, that would make life easy!

2 comments:

  1. It makes me smile, everytime I read..ha ha ha hope you hve more and more self respecting geckos

    ReplyDelete

Andaman visit 2024 - summary post

Andaman Diary - Day 1 - Cellular Jail views Andaman Diary Day 1 - Burmanallah beach and beyond Andamans Day 2 - Kalatang - birds and butterf...