Friday, September 13, 2024

Greeted by a peacock!

eBird Checklist - 13 Sep 2024 - TTUF Nizhal - 11 species

Finally after many a month I walked over to Nizhal's TTUF today morning.

Crossing the canal, filled with water hyacinth and a whole flock of cattle get, with many in breeding plumage.  

As I Sood and watched, a drongo swooped and picked an insect on the move.  On the right bank, a mongoose moved purposefully through the undergrowth.  A white-throated kingfisher, a flash of blue and a rattling call.


 
I was happy to see the trees all grown and green!  The Crepe Myrtles and Arjuna's were in fruit, the Palash was in abundant green as also the Garlic Pear tree - in March, it was in flower. the Mimusops was in fruit.  Has it been so long since I visited?

17th March 2024 - Crateva adinsonii - had dropped all its leaves, and a few flowers stood out, in full glory.

As Chitra and I walked along, a dog strolled past, followed by a peacock, if you please, - moving like a ballet dancer lightly and 'springily' into the far foliage.

Quite aptly, the peacock flowers were in bloom

Looks like the park has an active night life - and I do not mean the snakes and other creature - which one would think would be a deterrent - but it appears not - Lust overcomes such fears I guess.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Greeted by a peacock!

eBird Checklist - 13 Sep 2024 - TTUF Nizhal - 11 species Finally after many a month I walked over to Nizhal's TTUF today morning. Crossi...