Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Pichavaram tale

Vikas Madhav and Prasanna Sriya- My experience at Pichavaram - My Wonderful World Blog
Please do check out the link. Vikas, the author of this piece, is in 5th standard, and an ace birder! (I wonder if he's the youngest MNS member.)
Its amazing and wonderful to see this interest in one so young.
Do leave your comments on his post on Pichavaram.
My son and I visited Pichavaram with my parents, several years ago, and what a memorable trip it was! My father insisted on driving all the way, and once we got off the highway onto the road to Pichavaram, we crawled. There was really no road. Actually, thats wrong to say, there was a road at some point, and the rains and frequent use had now converted it into this path with ravines, craters, ruts and mounds!
My father and son were insistent that we return, but my mother and me begged and pleaded for us to go on! Every villager we met said it was just 5 kms away, and that number stayed constant however much we travelled it seems!
When we did reach Pichavaram, we were not sorry at all, and so glad we came. It is just absolutely captivating, serene and magical, to ride on those waterways, with only the sound of water lapping, and the call of the birds, and the occasional raised voice of a fishermen.
I hope the road stays/has stayed that way...it only allows the truly motivated in!!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the link. It is heart-warming, indeed, to see such passion in one so young.
    Every time I read your blog, I add one more place to my list of must-sees! Now Pichavaram has been added to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by on his blog Kamini!

    Pichavaram is very "do-able" when you are here....not too far away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm seriously thinking of a day trip to Chidambaram and Pichavaram when we're there in Jan. Can leave early morning and return by night. With all the kids and you & the husbands! Game?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Left a comment on A Pichavaram tale. What a nice place and well written by these youngsters.

    ReplyDelete

Andaman visit 2024 - summary post

Andaman Diary - Day 1 - Cellular Jail views Andaman Diary Day 1 - Burmanallah beach and beyond Andamans Day 2 - Kalatang - birds and butterf...