Friday, May 25, 2012

Theme Yellow - Go CSK!

This portfolio has to be seen!!

Zenfolio | camerags | Theme Yellow - one host tree and many guests

A Cassia fistula tree, also known as Golden Shower, is in full bloom outside my sitout window. Every morning, I am greeted with the chuckles of the White breasted kingfisher, the deafening squeals in crescendo from the Koels, the hammering from the Crimson breasted barbet and so on.

The wonderful characteristic of birds is that they announce their arrival on the Cassia tree and my camera springs to action!

This is pushing the term ‘armchair naturalist’ to its limits, but all this action happens just outside my window and I don’t have to travel far – all I have to do is sip my morning coffee and take photos!

The ones that have been eluding my camera are the White headed babblers, the Tailor birds and the Rose ringed parakeets, all visitors to the Cassia tree. Will get them included soon in this gallery by the end of this summer!


You can listen to music in slideshow mode!

Enjoy!















2 comments:

  1. blackbird? what's black about it? Really, that's what the species is called?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Indian one is not very black is it?! Lovely song it has.

      Delete

Andaman visit 2024 - summary post

Andaman Diary - Day 1 - Cellular Jail views Andaman Diary Day 1 - Burmanallah beach and beyond Andamans Day 2 - Kalatang - birds and butterf...