Sunday, August 11, 2013

A week at WIMWI


Louis Kahn's signature building
It was a wet week, as the monsoon took itself very seriously.  The resident black ibises were busy on the cricket field. A distinct cluster from the blue rock pigeons....things were not so distinct within the classroom though.
Grey langurs - assuming distinctive positions and making themselves at home.  I wondered what they thought of logistical regression.
A black kite?  Where was the famous resident vulture though?
The rain lilies greeted me on my return.  the correlation between the rain and their presence was a perfect 1.
The courtyard framed
A lovely distraction on our classroom wall.  I idly wonder who the artist is.
En route to the computer lab. 
Could a mathematical expression capture this?
And so we marched on - mining data, analysing factors, scaling on multidemsions!
Another beauty providing relief from the bricks on the wall
The tree avenues were beautiful - peepul, neem in plenty, and not a whole lot of exotics.  Frangipani in bloom in some residences as also crepe myrtle. 
Through the walking underpass to the new campus.  A strong smell of bat and a lovely display of the architectural fundas.
Exposed concrete rather than brick, buut fidelity of the circle is maintained.
The rain kept the students indoors it seemed, as I sloshed my way down deserted avenues, losing my way momentarily.  Or was it the time of day?
I love the slick red against the concrete.


I was glad I took those morning walks.  That week was a tonic for the grey cells,  a detox for the mind and my soul. And those chirpy, fearless jungle babblers and the contented spotted doves will always remind me of the campus.

4 comments:

  1. never seen those lilies before - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen them in yellow, but this pink was a first for me too!

      Delete
  2. The shots are all so awesome! Loved them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Taken with my iPhone during my morning walks.

      Delete

Andaman visit 2024 - summary post

Andaman Diary - Day 1 - Cellular Jail views Andaman Diary Day 1 - Burmanallah beach and beyond Andamans Day 2 - Kalatang - birds and butterf...