Thursday, September 26, 2024

Sholinganallur/Perumbakkam Marshlands

eBird Checklist - 22 Sep 2024 - Sholinganallur/Perumbakkam Marshlands - 29 species

I did not take a single picture - kind of rare for me.  So disheartened by all the disturbance.  

Chitra and I used to bring the NIFT students here, and the birds would be so close, it would be easy to get newbie birders interested.  Whether it was a swamp hen or a cormorant, or even those flamingoes.

Now the whole habitat is disturbed.  Birds are far away, the Fulvous Whistling Ducks kept circling and whistling.  The purple and grey herons moved in their slow and deliberate manner in what looked like polluted waters.

I was gladdened by the sight of a solitary avocet, and some blue-tailed bee eaters.

I did not see a roller, nor a raptor.  

But I did meet up with friends - Sagarika, Gangapriya, Tara and Ranjani.

1 comment:

  1. yes, it changing fast, disturbed and cornered, I dont know how long the birds will oblige us with their presence, even in all this, its way better than what pallikaranai marsh is.

    ReplyDelete

Sholinganallur/Perumbakkam Marshlands

eBird Checklist - 22 Sep 2024 - Sholinganallur/Perumbakkam Marshlands - 29 species I did not take a single picture - kind of rare for me.  S...