Saturday, December 27, 2008

Ballerinas in pink and spotted bills

More great photos from Mr Ramanan!
Click on the photos for an enlarged view.

Leggy ballerinas from Pulicat.
Getting ready for a performance?

Look straight ahead girls, nice and graceful now!


Oh, dash it, I lost my slipper!
(Well actually, they are feeding...but we could build a nice story around them!)

The spot-billed pelican at Nelapattu.

Oh leave me alone, I have a lot on my mind!

Lets get ready for the party!
Mummy, do my back feathers, please!
Not now, I'm busy.

4 comments:

  1. The comments are as cute as the pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures - and the captions are too funny!! You really made those birds come alive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to get them in hundreds at the Bundala National Park staying for months. Unfortunately we do not have the joy of seeing these long legged beauties as the salinity of their preferred lagoons have got changed due to increased discharge of freshwater due to an ill-planned reservoir. However, we countinue to get them at Mannar/Vidulatativu area in the North West.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha ballerinas and lost slippers..good one

    ReplyDelete

Andaman visit 2024 - summary post

Andaman Diary - Day 1 - Cellular Jail views Andaman Diary Day 1 - Burmanallah beach and beyond Andamans Day 2 - Kalatang - birds and butterf...