Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Mixed emotions

Sadness at what we have lost.
And gladness that there was a time when India had leaders like this....



His house.


A few hours in Ahmedabad and a hurried visit to Sabarmati.
No, I would not make an ashramite thats for sure, failing heavily on aswad, aparigraha and brahmacharya for sure... !

But why have we moved so far from ahimsa and sarvadharma samabhav?

For my son, niece and nephew - three children growing up in modern India, to remind them of a successful crusade without senseless violence.

May the new year bring more peace, world over.

2 comments:

  1. Gandhi was one in a million. I think there is hope, as most of the world reveres him and what he stood for. Surely that should count for something.
    Lovely post, somehow very apt for the dawning of a new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growing up, I could never relate with Gandhi, Bose was the idol, the hero, but in 2024 I realise his importance, I realise how differently he is viewed now...and it makes me anxious.

    ReplyDelete

Andaman visit 2024 - summary post

Andaman Diary - Day 1 - Cellular Jail views Andaman Diary Day 1 - Burmanallah beach and beyond Andamans Day 2 - Kalatang - birds and butterf...