Saturday, June 30, 2012

Balcony birding with a rainbow

One tailorbird flitting
Two Bulbuls singing
Three sunbirds twittering
Four barbets cocking their heads
Five parakeets winging and screeching
A few mynahs preening
Several babblers, busily pecking
Dozens of pigeons, gurgling
And of course those countless crows, cawing.

I wonder if they were excited about the rainbow too?

From my balcomy.  To the left of the Millingtoia filled with birds, first.

Then, a sliver of rainbow, above the Millingtonia

And then, the sun caught the raindrops to the right of the Millingtonia
And all this time, the birds twittered and chirped and gurgled and cawed.
And the cars honked in the street below and the motorcycles gunned their engines.
Was I the only observer?

4 comments:

  1. Nope! You weren't the only one! I was too...
    Saw a rainbow from inside the bus in Kathipara flyover.
    Only as I started clicking it others in the bus noticed it!!!
    Above the flyover it was a unusual, gorgeous view!!!
    Do drop by my blog sometime! :)
    My Travelogue

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! it's been a long time since i spotted one of those live.

    ReplyDelete

Andaman visit 2024 - summary post

Andaman Diary - Day 1 - Cellular Jail views Andaman Diary Day 1 - Burmanallah beach and beyond Andamans Day 2 - Kalatang - birds and butterf...