Thursday, June 7, 2012

Ouch! Phew!

It's that time of the year again.  Valley of Flowers is on the mind.  Same as last year.  I bought my books, wore-in my trekking shoes, and was all set.

But the rains came, and then there were landslides, the state of Uttarakhand suffered.

A trip that never was.

It is 42 degrees Celsius in Madras as I take out and dust off those treeking shoes again.  The trio of Gapi, Raji and me are planning again. 

I can tell you it is no fun walking in those shoes.  I went Ouch! as I walked (or rather huffed and puffed) last evening, and went Phew! as I sank into a chair at the end of 90 minutes of torture!

1 comment:

  1. Been there, done that! Must have been 1993 when I went to the Valley of the Flowers. Roadhead is Govindghat and a 14 km trek uphill to Ghangria, where there is accomodation. The Valley is a two hour trek from Ghangria. Great place ! all the best!

    ReplyDelete

Andaman visit 2024 - summary post

Andaman Diary - Day 1 - Cellular Jail views Andaman Diary Day 1 - Burmanallah beach and beyond Andamans Day 2 - Kalatang - birds and butterf...