Sunday, March 23, 2008

Should I join the Earth Hour?

A friend of mine pointed me to an "event" - Earth Hour
2008. The event is a strange one - no big party or
lights or anything.

Quite the opposite. We all have to turn out our
lights, for an hour on Saturday 29 March 2008 at 8pm!
Not only lights, but TVs, computers and the works I
guess.

It sounds like a strange and whacky way to make a
statement. Its really not a big deal in India, I
guess, with power failures a way of life, but coming
to think of it, here in Madras, the voltage is
appalling, but we really dont have so many failures
anymore....

So, will I be able to convince my son and husband to
turn out the lights, for an hour?!

Will let you know on the 30th!

You can sign up for Earth Hour by visiting
http://www.earthhour.org/sign-up and join the
movement.



Spread the word!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, seems quite painless. Will try to do it here at our end - risking all sorts of caveman-days comments from my son!
    Kamini.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As it turned out, none of us were at home at that time - so with no pain at all, in a cheating manner, we accomplished the Earth Hour!
    Kamini.

    ReplyDelete

Vismaya - the Peregrine of MRC Nagar

Vismaya - so named by Sanjeev - a Peregrine Falcon whom he had day-to-day eyes on; Vismaya, who came when Maya the Shaheen left, or so it se...