Monday, March 23, 2009

How could I forget these beauties?

Meet Marianne and Pyrene, two sunny beauties I saw for the first time at Bharatpur, and I had completely overlooked.  Seeing the Blue Mormon at GNP last weekend, suddenly brought them back to mind, and I hunted through my 200-odd photos from Bharatpur.

And here they are!  They love to sunbathe it seems, and that suited me fine, as I could get really close to them to take these shots.  I was also double delighted as their common names actually were easy to remember.  (I actually didn't write their names down and I still recalled them!)  Pyrene here below is Yellow orange tip, 
Ixias pyrene

Ixias marianne

...and this is White orange tip!!  No crow, mormon, tiger or eggfly!  

And no butterfly mimicry to confuse me as well.

1 comment:

Vismaya - the Peregrine of MRC Nagar

Vismaya - so named by Sanjeev - a Peregrine Falcon whom he had day-to-day eyes on; Vismaya, who came when Maya the Shaheen left, or so it se...