Monday, August 22, 2011

Semmozhi Poonga at last

Sunday Aug 20th. Madras Day Celebrations. Tree walk by Nizhal.

Dr Vijaya retired HOD from Stella Maris led the walk, ably assisted by Chitra.

I quite like the design of the entrance, though the gate could have been wider?
Terminalia arjuna. I have not seen such a magnificent specimen.
Strychnos nux-vomica. Loved by Agatha Christie and ayurveda!
Erythrina indica and the diamond shaped leaves of the kalyan murungai
The light fades as we reach the Brazilian Ironwood


4 comments:

  1. My first tree walk was at the Guindy Park few weeks ago and I had promised myself I would attend more of them. I really wanted to be there for this tree walk but couldn't. Thank you for this post. I don't feel I've missed it entirely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i'm so sorry to have missed it.. i hope to go on one of my visits to chennai but it wont be quite the same as going with the nizhal gang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures and a very nice post. Thanks for sharing them. It is a wonderful place to be with nature. Visitors should know the Semmozhi Poonga timings and other information to enjoy the scenic beauty.

    ReplyDelete

Andaman visit 2024 - summary post

Andaman Diary - Day 1 - Cellular Jail views Andaman Diary Day 1 - Burmanallah beach and beyond Andamans Day 2 - Kalatang - birds and butterf...