Saturday, August 20, 2011

Valley of Flowers - the trip that never was

We bought our trekking shoes
and paid our travelling dues.

We were off to the mountains, we three
From our town in the south by the sea.
But it seems it was not to be
Oh, so woe is me!

No monal pheasant, no whiskered yuhina
No Himalayan Poppy, no Potentilla
Himalayan Griffon I shall not see
Nor the snowy peaks of Badri.

Valley of Flowers, I missed for sure, but dear Raji and Gapi, most of all,
with you two it would have been such a blast, we would have had such a ball!

7 comments:

  1. Sad, I was looking forward to vicariously enjoying the VoF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Random ramblings, thought I would share my misery.

    3inone, we would have been happy to share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear that your trip was cancelled. But thank goodness you are safe at home! I heard that some of the people who went earlier are stuck here - hope they will get to their homes soon.
    Kamini.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice poem... but a sad theme.. my condolences

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are one creative individual... I navigated the link assuming a travelblog but i was awestricken... Admirable work with the poem...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you avdi and Rahul. Small consolation...a subsequent attempt to maybe go to har-ki-dun also did not work out...

    ReplyDelete

Andaman visit 2024 - summary post

Andaman Diary - Day 1 - Cellular Jail views Andaman Diary Day 1 - Burmanallah beach and beyond Andamans Day 2 - Kalatang - birds and butterf...